Performance, Features & Benefits
Extended maintenance intervals
Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 is based on carefully selected highly refined mineral oils and resists oil cracking, oxidation and thickening. This provides extended oil life, provided efficient fluid heating and good pump circulation is ensured, such that film temperatures on the heater surface do not exceed the
Low viscosity enables excellent fluidity and heat transfer over a wide temperature range. Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 also has a low vapour pressure so resists cracking. This minimises the formation of volatile decomposition products; these would require recovery via expansion chamber and condensate collector.
Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 is non-corrosive and has high solvency – this reduces deposit formation by holding oxidation products in solution and keeping internal surfaces of heat exchangers clean.
- Enclosed circulated heat transfer systems for industrial applications such as process industry, chemical plants, textile producers etc. and in household equipment such as oil filled radiators.
- Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 can be used in high temperature continuous heat transfer equipment with the following application limits:
- Max. film temperature : 320ºC ·
- Max. bulk temperature : 300ºC
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Classified as ISO 6743-12 Family Q ·
- Meets DIN 51522 requirements ·
- For a full listing of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Helpdesk.
Health, Safety & Environment
Health and Safety
- Shell Heat Transfer Oil S2 is unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazard when properly used in the recommended application and good standards of personal hygiene are maintained.
- Avoid contact with skin. Use impervious gloves with used oil. After skin contact, wash immediately with soap and water.
Protect the Environment
Take used oil to an authorised collection point. Do not discharge into drains, soil or water.