Thixogrease, the new generation, multi purpose grease from Power Up, provides superior protection in the boundary lubrication regime. Thixogrease is ideal for applications where high loads, extreme pressure or high temperature cause serious metal to metal contact and wear. Superior water wash resistance and rust corrosion inhibition allow Thixogrease to excel in areas where conventional greases fail. Thixogrease is made of a unique base which offers minimal oil separation or hardening and demonstrates excellent compatibility with many traditional soap oil greases.
The primary benefit of Thixogrease is to reduce the friction caused by asperity (metal to metal) contact in the boundary lubrication regime. It is designed for grease filled applications where high temperature, extreme pressure, water and corrosion are common conditions.
Primary Benefits of Thixogrease:
- Thixogrease reduces ultrasonic wear noise which relates directly to lower component wear
- The high dropping point (570⁰F) and temperature pumpability of Thixogrease allow for a wide operating temperature range of 0⁰F to 480⁰F (-18⁰C to 250⁰C)
- Thixogrease is formulated with rust and corrosion inhibitors to withstand contamination and protect critical components
- Exceptional water wash resistance allows Thixogrease to work in marine, pulp and paper, and similar applications
- Thixogrease has outstanding shear stability, minimizing relubrication requirements
- Thixogrease is ideal for use in centralized lubricating systems due to its excellent pumpability
This product from Power Up Lubricants is formulated entirely of a Thixotropic complex and unlike conventional grease, offers virtually no chance of oil separation or hardening.