AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is a 5 mm2 /s synthetic hindered ester oil incorporating a carefully selected and balanced combination of additives to improve thermal and oxidation stability and metal passivation.
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 was developed essentially to meet the requirements of Pratt & Whitney 521 Type II and MIL-L23699 specifications and is entirely suitable for most civil and military engines requiring this class of lubricant. AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is approved for use in a wide range of turbine engines as well as the majority of accessories.
- With the advent of the new civil turbine oil specification, SAE AS5780, which has more stringent requirements than the military specification MIL-PRF-23699, AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 was approved as a SPC (Standard Performance Capability) oil.
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 contains a synthetic ester oil and should not be used in contact with incompatible seal materials and it also affects some paints and plastics.
Specifications and Approvals
- Approved MIL – PRF – 23699G Grade STD (US) Approved
- SAE AS5780B Grade SPC (US)
- Approved DEF STAN 91-101 Grade 0X-27 (British)
- Equivalent DCSEA 299/A (French)
- NATO Code O-156
- Joint Service Designation OX-27
- Pratt & Whitney : Approved 521C Type II
- General Electric : Approved D-50 TF 1
- Allison : Approved EMS – 53 (Obsolete)