Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 is still one of the most widely used turbine oils in the commercial aviation industry. It was one of the first turbine oils to be qualified and approved for Mil-PRF-23699 STD (Standard) class and subsequently SAE AS5780 SPC (Standard Performance Capability) class.
If you’re looking for exceptional accessory performance then Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 delivers, with extended on-wing accessories lifespan and improved reliability. Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 has also been found to neutralise the effects of Copper (Cu) – with superior metal passivation results showing reduced oxidation and sludge formation.
- Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 is recommended for the lubrication of most aircraft gas turbines and accessories. It is also recommended for the lubrication of aero-derived gas turbines in industrial power generation, offshore and marine applications.
- BP Turbo Oil 2380 has been approved by a wide range of engine and accessory manufacturers for their applicable equipment, including: Rolls-Royce Ltd, Rolls-Royce Allison, GE, Pratt & Whitney, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Honeywell, Hamilton Sundstrand, CFMI, IAE, MTU, Solar and Turbomeca.
- Viscosity: Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 has the best low temperature viscosity properties among all 5 cSt oils.
- Cleanliness: Minimum formation of varnish and sludge deposits over long periods of use.
- Seal Material Compatibility: Very benign to commonly used seal materials in gas turbines.
- Load Carrying Capacity: Eastman™ Turbo Oil 2380 is among the best of its class and provides excellent protection to bearings, gears, and other highly loaded lubricated surfaces.
- Bulk Stability: Its high degree of oxidation resistance permits a long period of operation without significant increase in viscosity and/or total acidity.